Skip to main content

Easter Activities

 

Spring Holidays: Easter

Spring is right around the corner. Where I live (in Georgia) we have our fair share of seasonal weather. One day it can be 70 degrees and the next day its 40 degrees. This winter season 2021 has been cold so I am looking forward to spring weather. The first major holiday we encounter is Easter or Resurrection Sunday as Christians call it. In the section, I will list both secular and religious activity ideas.  I hope not to offend anyone. As a Christian, my faith is very important to me. However, I respect all religions and lack

thereof. I will be updating this page soon so check back for updates.

I saw several 40 days of Lent Calendars on Pinterest (one of my favorite sites) and decided to come up with a 30 Day Calendar for those who missed the cutoff (myself included). 

I apologize for the blurry image. I put it here as a place holder. It is now 1:05 am so Im a bit delirious now. You can see the correct calendar image by clicking on the image below. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.46.59 PM.pn

Retell the story of Easter in the Bible with this simple Easter Snack Mix from Courageous Christian Father.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 11.23.12 PM.pn

Easter Activities for all ages

If you are looking for a mess free dyed eggs option try using dyed rice. I tried this egg dying method last year. Little did I know about using dyed rice for sensory play at the time. Now, I make tons of dyed rice for my toddlers to play with. 

Shaving cream & food dye colored eggs

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 10.57.50 PM.pn

Crafty Morning

Spray a liberal amount of shaving cream inside each section of a muffin tin. Squirt 5-10 drops of food coloring onto the shaving cream. For less mess, place hardboiled egg inside of a whisk. Dip the whisk into your desired color. Repeat until all eggs are colored.

Dyed Rice   Colored Eggs

If you are looking for a mess free dyed eggs option try using dyed rice. I tried this egg dying method last year. Little did I know about using dyed rice for sensory play at the time. Now, I make tons of dyed rice for my toddlers to play with.

File_001.jpeg

Beelieve Academy

Method: Decide how many colors you would like to use. I used 4 different colors of food coloring. You will need a Ziploc bag for each color. Place a small amount of rice (maybe half cup to cup) in each bag. Add enough drops ( about 20-30) to cover the rice. The key is to make the rice as wet as possible so that it can color the eggs. Take hard boiled eggs and shake them around in each bag, Make sure the bag is closed completely or you will have rice EVERYWHERE. This is so easy and fun. My son was 1.5 last year and he enjoyed himself so much. This year he was a pro!!

File_000.jpeg

Beelieve Academy

Easter Egg Potato Prints

File_020.jpeg

Beelieve Academy

A potato cut in half is the perfect oval shape for an Easter Egg stamper. I carved designs into the potato using a small knife. The paint I used was a homemade paint using flour, salt and food coloring. I like using homemade paint around my toddlers since its non toxic and taste safe (even though it would taste disgusting). If you would like the recipe to make the homemade paint click here. 

Easter Sensory Bin

File_040.jpeg

Beelieve  Academy

This sensory bin has rabbit shaped eggs and foam shaped eggs purchased from the Dollar Store. The "grass" is actually  dyed shredded coconut.  I wanted a taste safe option for my 1 year old to play with. The dyed coconut was easy to make. Add a few drops of green food coloring to a baggie filled with coconut. Shake  to  distribute  the color. Lay the coconut on a sheet of wax paper to dry. 

Shredded Paper/ Easter Grass Bin 

Beelieve Academy

File_052.jpeg

Plastic Eggs in Oats 

File_025.jpeg

Easter Stem Activities 

Plastic Egg Paper Towel Roll Towers

File_004.jpeg

Beelieve Academy

He was so excited to stack the plastic eggs that he also began experimenting with stacking the paper towel rolls. 

File_001.jpeg

Beelieve Academy

File_014.jpeg

Beelieve Academy

The plastic stem activity is perfect for differentiation according to your child's ability. The activity can  be simpler by removing the  tower portion. 

File_000.jpeg

Beelieve Academy

Sorting Colorful pom poms inside plastic eggs

File_001.jpeg

Plastic egg patterns

File_000.jpeg

Mystery Letters: Find and Match

File_000.jpeg

Arts and Craft Ideas 

Plastic egg paint prints 

 Take your plastic eggs apart. Dip one side into paint and stamp onto paper. Use a variety of colors to make a colorful masterpiece!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tape resist water color egg - Draw  an oval egg shape. Apply Painters tape or Washi tape in designs onto the egg.

Invite your child to paint using watercolors. (Once Dried) Remove the tape to see a beautiful creation! 

 

Sticker egg - Draw an oval shape onto paper. Provide stickers for your child to use in decorating the egg.

File_000.jpeg

Fine Motor Ideas 

 

Ripped paper Egg- Draw an oval shape onto paper. Use scraps of construction paper or tear new pieces of

construction paper to fill the shape of the egg. 

 

Tissue paper Egg- Draw an oval shape onto paper. Scrunch pieces of tissue paper to place inside the egg shape.

 

Paper Punch Egg- Draw an oval shape out of construction paper or card stock for durability. Provide your kiddo with

a hole punch to make holes in the egg. 

 

Decorate Oval Shape Egg Make an oval shape out of construction paper or card stock for durability. Make a series

of holes using a hole punch. Provide your child yarn  or string to lace the egg shape. 

 

What else can you do with plastic Easter Eggs? The fun can last all year long!!!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 1.44.05 AM.png
Stampers Coloring book Hair accessories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Day

  Earth Day is almost upon us.  Earth Day began in 1970 after Gaylord Nelson, a senator from Wisconsin, decided to organize a national “teach in” to educate people about protecting the environment. Since then, multiple environmental agencies have developed such as the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as environmental laws such as the Clean Air Act, the Water Quality Improvement Act, and the Endangered Species Act. ​ In year 2020, we celebrated our 50th Earth Day. Covid could not even stop virtual events from happening globally. Once a year, people become aware of our actions and inquire about ways to help protect our environment. In fact, Earth Day can be everyday. There are small things we can do at home that can make a huge impact on the planet. As a parent, I feel it's important to teach my children to care about the environment. It is our children that will inherit the Earth and they need to know their actions can make an impact- positive or negative.   We can do little

Mother's Day

  Mother's Day Crafts and Activities  Mother’s Day is right around the corner! Mother’s Day is a great time to share love and appreciation for all of the special mother figures in your lives. I truly believe that it takes a village to raise a child and your child can not be loved TOO much. My mom and I were very close. We had a little store in my elementary school. My dad would give me a few dollars to purchase a gift at the school’s gift store. I was so excited to pick out my own gift and present it to my mom. While store bought gifts are great, I believe  homemade gifts from my children are the BEST. Check out  Plumprint  If you are looking for a way to preserve all of those homemade cards and even 3-D art. I am not being paid to endorse Plumprint but wanted to share this company because I think it's cool to have the option to capture all of my childrens’ work someday. (At ages 1 and 2 - it would be a very small book at this point lol).    I compiled a HUGE list of Mother’s D

Fathers Day

  Father's Day Activities  Father’s Day is quickly approaching. If you are still in search of great ideas then you are in luck! Your search is over! I trolled online to gather a comprehensive list of great Father’s Day ideas. There is something on this list for everyone- fathers, uncles, grandfathers and other father figures in your life. All of these activities are crafts have an easy skill level. There are activities suitable for ages newborn -high school. Click  here  for a little background on the holiday. Father’s Day only comes around once a year so lets make Father’s Day 2021 COUNT!!!! Covid Friendly  Activities and Party ideas   We are opening up slowly after COVID- 19 took us by surprise in 2020. Some people are still not able to celebrate in person. Read,  10 Quarantine Father's Day Ideas to Give Him the Celebration He Deserves  by Good Housekeeping if you need some social distance ideas to celebrate Dad this year.  Women’s Day gives us  33 Fun Father's Day Activi